This workshop is meant to give pregnant people and their partners/support persons the tools they need to begin the process of considering / planning a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean).
• Explore the risks and benefits of VBAC and repeat cesarean - including debunking myths surrounding uterine rupture, the potential risk birthing people considering VBAC are most often misinformed about
• Discuss how to choose providers: questions to ask; the difference between VBAC tolerant & VBAC supportive
• Discuss “gentle cesareans” - what they are and how to advocate / plan for one with a provider if a repeat cesarean is truly necessary
• Explore ways to prepare mentally, spiritually and physically for a VBAC or repeat cesarean
• Process prior birth experiences and explore ways to transmute any negativity surrounding those experiences into positive healing energy and power for the upcoming birth
All participants will be given resource folders and journals to record and reflect on their experiences. Light refreshments will also be provided.
+ $20 per person/ $35 for two participants (birthing person and birth partner/support person)
+ Pre-registration required, a minimum of 5 participants needed to run workshop.
+ Scholarships available for Onward Mama members. Call or inquire within.
+ Facilitator: Iris Kimbrough